P0012 SCION - Camshaft Position 'A' Timing Over-Retarded Bank 1
- Low or Dirty Engine Oil
- Faulty variable valve timing (VVT)
- Faulty oil control valve (OCV)
- Variable Valve Timing (VVT) harness is open or shorted
- Oil Control Valve (OCV) harness circuit is open or shorted
- Damaged ECM
When is the code detected?
After the ECM sends the target dutyandcycle signal to the OCV, the ECM monitors the OCV current to establish an actual duty cycle. The ECM determines the existence of a malfunction and sets the DTC when the actual dutyandcycle ratio varies from the target dutyandcycle ratio.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible Lack/Loss of power
- Possible Engine rough idle
P0012 SCION Description
P0012 SCION Information for specific Scion models
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0012 Scion code? Ask a question to our users or find an automotive repair shop near you to help fix the OBDII code
P0012 SCION CommentsHelp us improve itimaster.ru. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0012 Scion code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks