P0014 INFINITI - Exhaust Valve Timing Control Performance Bank 1
- Dirty Oil
- Faulty Exhaust valve timing control solenoid valve
- Exhaust valve timing control solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- Exhaust valve timing control solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Crankshaft position sensor (POS)
- Faulty Camshaft position sensor
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible engine lack/loss of power
- Posssible engine rough idle
P0014 INFINITI Description
The Engine Control Module (ECM) receives signals such as crankshaft position, camshaft position, engine speed, and engine coolant temperature. Then, the ECM sends ON/OFF pulse duty signals to the exhaust valve timing control solenoid valve depending on driving status. This makes it possible to control the shut/open timing of the intake valve to increase engine torque in low/mid speed range and output in high-speed range.
The intake valve timing control solenoid valve changes the oil amount and direction of flow through intake valve timing control unit or stops oil flow. The longer pulse width advances valve angle. The shorter pulse width retards valve angle. When ON and OFF pulse widths become equal, the solenoid valve stops oil pressure flow to fix the intake valve angle at the control position.
Need more help?
P0014 INFINITI CommentsHelp us improve itimaster.ru. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0014 Infiniti code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks