P0404 DODGE - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Position Sensor Performance
- EGR volume control solenoid valve
- EGR volume control solenoid valve harness is open or shorted
- EGR volume control solenoid valve circuit poor electrical connection
- EGR temperature sensor and circuit
User submitted video
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine hesitation
P0404 DODGE Description
The EGR system on recently built vehicles uses a step motor to control the flow rate of EGR from exhaust manifold. This motor has four winding phases. It operates according to the output pulse signal of the ECΜ. Two windings are turned ON and OFF in sequence. Each time an ON pulse is issued, the valve opens or closes, changing the flow rate. When no change in the flow rate is needed, the ECΜ does not issue the pulse signal. Α certain voltage signal is issued so that the valve remains at that particular opening.
Need more help?
P0404 DODGE CommentsHelp us improve itimaster.ru. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0404 Dodge code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks