P0446 FORD - EVAP System Vent Control Circuit
- Missing Fuel cap
- Incorrect fuel filler cap used
- Fuel filler cap remains open or fails to close
- Foreign matter caught in fuel filler cap
- Vent control valve harness is open or shorted
- Vent control valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty vent control valve
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible a noticeable fuel odor caused by the release of fuel vapors
P0446 FORD Description
This solenoid valve responds to signals from the Engine Control Module (ECM). When the ECM sends an ON signal, the coil in the solenoid valve is energized. A plunger will then move to seal the canister vent. The ability to seal the vent is necessary for the on board diagnosis of other evaporative emission control system components.
This solenoid valve is used only for diagnosis, and usually remains opened.
P0446 FORD Information for specific Ford models
P0446 1998 FORD F150
P0446 1999 FORD F150
P0446 2000 FORD F150
P0446 2001 FORD F150
P0446 2002 FORD F150
P0446 2003 FORD F150
P0446 2006 FORD FUSION
P0446 2007 FORD FUSION
P0446 2008 FORD FUSION
P0446 2009 FORD FUSION
P0446 2010 FORD FUSION
P0446 2011 FORD FUSION
P0446 2012 FORD FUSION
Need more help?
P0446 FORD CommentsHelp us improve itimaster.ru. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0446 Ford code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks