P0506 MITSUBISHI - Idle Control System RPM Lower Than Expected
- Dirty throttle body
- Electric throttle control actuator misadjusted or damaged
- Faulty Electric throttle control actuator
- Intake air leak
- Poor electrical connection to the Intake Air Control (IAC) valve
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine hard to start
- Rough or erratic idle speed
P0506 MITSUBISHI Description
The ECM controls the electric throttle control actuator so that the engine speed coincides with the target value memorized in the ECM. The target engine speed is the lowest speed at which the engine can operate steadily. The optimum value stored in the ECM is determined by taking into consideration various engine conditions, such as during warming up, deceleration, and engine load (air conditioner, power steering and cooling fan operation, etc.)
Need more help?
P0506 MITSUBISHI CommentsHelp us improve itimaster.ru. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0506 Mitsubishi code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks