P1116 2012 FORD FUSION - Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor is Out of Self-Test Range
- Low Engine Coolant Level
- Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor
- Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor electrical circuit poor connection
- Faulty Engine Coolant Thermostat
- Damaged Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine Overheating
P1116 2012 FORD FUSION Description
Thermistor-type sensors are considered passive sensors. A passive sensor is connected to a voltage divider network so varying the resistance of the passive sensor causes a variation in total current flow. Voltage that is dropped across a fixed resistor (pull-up resister) in series with the sensor resistor determines the voltage signal at the PCM. This voltage signal is equal to the reference voltage minus the voltage drop across the fixed resistor.
The ECT measures the temperature of the engine coolant. The PCM uses the ECT input for fuel control and for cooling fan control. There are 3 types of ECT sensors; threaded, push-in, and twist-lock. The ECT sensor is located in an engine coolant passage.
Need more help?
P1116 2012 FORD FUSION CommentsHelp us improve itimaster.ru. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1116 2012 Ford Fusion code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks