P1259 1997 HONDA CIVIC - VTEC System Malfunction
- Low engine oil level or oil pressure
- Faulty Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control (VTEC) solenoid
- VTEC Solenoid harness is open or shorted
- VTEC circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty VTEC oil pressure switch
Make sure the oil level is good and it is not dirty, if the oil is dirty replace it with the correct oil weight. Dirty oil can clog the VTEC assembly so you might have to take it apart and and clean it (and replace the seals).
When is the code detected?
The P1259 is set when there is a problem in the VTEC Oil Pressure Switch circuit or VTEC Solenoid Valve circuit
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1259 1997 HONDA CIVIC Description
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P1259 1997 Honda Civic code? Ask a question to our users or find an automotive repair shop near you to help fix the OBDII code
P1259 1997 HONDA CIVIC CommentsHelp us improve itimaster.ru. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1259 1997 Honda Civic code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks