P1405 FORD - DPF EGR Sensor Circuit High Voltage Detected
- Faulty Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic (DPFE) sensor (EGR pressure sensor)
- Plugged or damaged EGR tube
- Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic (DPFE) sensor harness is open or shorted
- Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic (DPFE) sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
User Submitted Video
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1405 FORD Description
The Ford DPFE/EGR system is controlled by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The system employs an EGR Valve, an Electronic Vacuum Regulator (EVR), and a Delta Pressure Feedback EGR sensor (DPFE).
The DPFE Sensor measures EGR flow across an orifice located inside the special EGR Tube. The orifice is positioned between two hose ports coming off the tube which is connected to the DPFE sensor with special heat-resistant hoses. When the EGR Valve is open, a pressure differential is created across the orifice (intake manifold pressure vs. exhaust pressure). By design, this difference in pressure is measured by the DPFE sensor in terms of voltage. The DPFE voltage signal output to the PCM is directly proportional to the flow of exhaust gas entering the intake manifold.
P1405 FORD Information for specific Ford models
P1405 1998 FORD F150
P1405 1999 FORD F150
P1405 2000 FORD F150
P1405 2001 FORD F150
P1405 2002 FORD F150
P1405 2003 FORD F150
P1405 2011 FORD FOCUS
P1405 2006 FORD FUSION
P1405 2007 FORD FUSION
P1405 2008 FORD FUSION
P1405 2009 FORD FUSION
P1405 2010 FORD FUSION
P1405 2012 FORD FUSION
Need more help?
P1405 FORD CommentsHelp us improve itimaster.ru. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1405 Ford code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks