P1406 FORD - DPFE Sensor Circuit Downstream Hose
- Downstream hose is disconnected
- Downstream hose is plugged (ice)
- Plugged or damaged Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) tube
- Faulty Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic (DPFE) sensor
- Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic (DPFE) sensor harness is open or shorted
- Differential Pressure Feedback Electronic (DPFE) sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1406 FORD Description
The Ford DPFE/EGR system is controlled by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). The system employs an EGR Valve, an Electronic Vacuum Regulator (EVR), and a Delta Pressure Feedback EGR sensor (DPFE).
The DPFE Sensor measures EGR flow across an orifice located inside the special EGR Tube. The orifice is positioned between two hose ports coming off the tube which are connected to the DPFE sensor with special heat-resistant hoses. When the EGR Valve is open, a pressure differential is created across the orifice (intake manifold pressure vs. exhaust pressure). By design, this difference in pressure is measured by the DPFE sensor in terms of voltage. The DPFE voltage signal output to the PCM is directly proportional to the flow of exhaust gas entering the intake manifold.
P1406 FORD Information for specific Ford models
P1406 1998 FORD F150
P1406 1999 FORD F150
P1406 2000 FORD F150
P1406 2001 FORD F150
P1406 2002 FORD F150
P1406 2003 FORD F150
P1406 2008 FORD FOCUS
P1406 2006 FORD FUSION
P1406 2007 FORD FUSION
P1406 2009 FORD FUSION
P1406 2010 FORD FUSION
P1406 2011 FORD FUSION
P1406 2012 FORD FUSION
Need more help?
P1406 FORD CommentsHelp us improve itimaster.ru. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1406 Ford code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks