P1744 FORD - Torque Converter Clutch System Stuck in Off Position
- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve harness or connectors
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve circuit is open or shorted
- Transmission internal mechanical problem
1996-2003 Ford Taurus
1996-2003 Ford Windstar
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P1744 FORD Description
Lock-up operation, however, is prohibited when A/T fluid temperature is too low.
When the accelerator pedal is depressed (less than 2/8) in lock-up condition, the engine speed should not change abruptly. If there is a big jump in engine speed, there is no lock-up.
Need more help?
P1744 FORD CommentsHelp us improve itimaster.ru. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P1744 Ford code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks